Old July 28th 05, 11:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
Earl Purple Earl Purple is offline

Default Box Junction cameras to be rolled London wide following successful pilot

David from Oz wrote:
Coincidence - that is one junction in my area that I have nominated in
my letter to the council. On more than one occasion the North Circ has
been blocked here! I guess they will put up yellow signs "Do not
block the junction" when they first introduce the cameras to give the
motorists warning. I seem to remember seeing these somewhere before.

Unlikely the council can do anything there, the North Circular Road is
controlled by Tfl.

That junction should be grade-separated, of course, but failing that at
least having no right turns at all sides would ease the congestion
there.

Only Northbound traffic from the Wood Green end of the A105 would have
to take any real diversion - they could go ahead then right into
Oakthorpe Road. Larger vehicles should use Lordship Lane then join the
A1080 and A10, or go ahead then turn right into the A111 Hedge Lane.

Traffic from the A406 coming West should turn off at the Great
Cambridge roundabout then head along A111 Hedge Lane. Smaller vehicles
could optionally "rat-run" instead through Melville Gardens, but then
you wouldn't get as much traffic using that road who genuinely want to
remain on the North Circular.

Other traffic certainly doesn't need to turn right there - there are
loads of other routes.