Old July 30th 05, 07:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Paul is offline

Default Oystercard auto top-up

Mizter T wrote:
snip
No - because when you lose your Oyster card, you call the Oyster card
helpline and they block your lost card from being used, then send you a
new one. The new one would be the recipient of the auto-topup credit
from then on, as well as having whatever balance from your lost card
transferred over onto it.

Yes, but I doubt if they would pay for any purchases made on your lost
card before you informed them that it was missing. I think most banks
and credit card companies will, providing the user has not been negligent.