Old July 30th 05, 08:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Automatic tubes?

Brimstone wrote:
Clive wrote:
Anyone know which of the tube lines are now driven automatically?

Central and Victoria, using different systems.

Both lines, of course, rely on a driver in the cab to control the
on-board systems, so they are not completely automatic.

In Paris, Line 14 of the Métro has no staff on trains or, as far as I
could see, on platforms. Even at the terminus, if you fail to alight,
they take you into the reversing siding for a few minutes before
starting the return journey.

When I was last in Paris in April, there were reports in the local press
that Line 1 would be converted to automatic (crewless) operation, which
will involve the installation of platform-edge doors at all stations.
One of the stated reasons for the conversion was to reduce the number of
closures due to strikes. Bob Crow, look out!

--
Richard J.