Old August 29th 03, 01:24 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Cast_Iron Cast_Iron is offline

Default Old LT Garages

rob wrote:
"Paul Terry" wrote in
message ...

Foreman Court ran between the garage and the railway.
Butterwick road was created when the garage and surrounding
buildings were demolished. Prior to that all traffic
travelled around what is now the one-way Queen Caroline St
(to the west). I have re-checked and I stand slightly
corrected in so far as the garage ran roughly north/south,
I.e. parallel with Foreman Court/railway and its entrance
was actually from Great Church St. I think therefore that
the trolley you mention is turning into that Street. Unable
to establish if the original Police Stn was also in that
area. Hope this makes sense.

Here's an extract from a late 50s/early 60 A-Z of the area.

http://www.piccadillypilot.co.uk/hmbus/HMBdy.jpg