Old August 1st 05, 08:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Earl Purple Earl Purple is offline

Default Warwick Gardens at night

Rupert Candy wrote:
Paul Weaver wrote:

The road is a green "Primary Route", a major thoroughfare for traffic
from the north of London to the south.

There are several symbols defined (dot in road, line across road,
yellow/purple dashes) to indicate a road with restricted access.

In the A-Z I have (about 2 or 3 years old) it's shown in purple (as a
restricted access road, like Oxford St). Looks a bit odd having a
purple section in the middle of an orange A-road, but there you go...

It is a primary route. I don't know if it always has been though,
before they declassified the part of the West Cross Route that used to
be the M41.

Now if only they'd build a "proper" West Cross Route (as I have
proposed and similar to what was originally planned) they would divert
major traffic away from Kensington and Chelsea and onto a
grade-separated non-residential route towards Hammersmith instead
(bypassing Fulham and Putney to meet the A3 near Tibbetts).

See url
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ossBypass2.jpg