Old August 1st 05, 11:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] romic@cix.compulink.co.uk is offline

Default Don't worry, it's not a bomb!

Get to Chalk Farm NB last night.

Departing passenger knocks on cab door "There's an unattended rucksack on
this car".

Go check and find that there is indeed an unattended rucksack in the car,
complete with about 20 passengers.

Detrain, telling everybody to leave the station and close the doors on the
car. Another passenger says to me - "the person who had the rucksack got
off at Mornington Crescent - he was drunk".

So, the scenario is:

3 weeks ago - three bombs explode on trains and one on a bus, many people
killed.
1½ weeks ago - at least 4(?) devices are detonated, but fail to explode
On both days, the bombs were in rucksacks.

Passenger gets off at Mornington Crescent. Rucksack is left unattended in
full view of everybody. At least two passengers notice it. Nobody bothers
about it.
Train continues to next station, Camden Town - still nobody bothered about
the rucksack

I am told about the rucksack by passenger at Chalk Farm, who is getting of
the train there anyway.

I am told by a detrained passenger that the rucksack was left unattended
at Mornington Crescent (2 stations away). Presumably if the first
passenger hadn't told me, nobody else would have bothered and the train
would have still carried on without any body caring.

If this is the mentality of people who are travelling in the current
situation, then there is no hope for anybody!

The station is closed, then Supervisor turns up, goes in the car and
rummages through rucksack before removing it. Apparently that's the
procedure. Fine by me! - I'll leave it to the station staff to sort out
and reappear when given the all clear. :-)

Roger