Old August 1st 05, 06:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Don't worry, it's not a bomb!

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 06:25:33 -0500, wrote:

Get to Chalk Farm NB last night.

Departing passenger knocks on cab door "There's an unattended rucksack on
this car".

[snip]
I am told by a detrained passenger that the rucksack was left unattended
at Mornington Crescent (2 stations away). Presumably if the first
passenger hadn't told me, nobody else would have bothered and the train
would have still carried on without any body caring.

If this is the mentality of people who are travelling in the current
situation, then there is no hope for anybody!

The number of incidents caused by unattended luggage is truly
staggering. Well over 2/3s of the daily report for LU is security
related at present and most are unattended items.

I can think of only two occasions when I have left something unattended
- and they were both while on holiday in other countries. I really,
really struggle to understand how people can leave stuff unattended or
behind in normal circumstances never mind those we are in now. Anyone
got a clue as to how people do it?

A woman left her handbag unattended at my local bus stop the morning
after the 7 July bombings. It was only when I asked if the bag belonged
to anyone that the penny suddenly dropped and she sheepishly retrieved
it.
--
Paul C