Old August 1st 05, 06:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Don't worry, it's not a bomb!

In message , Paul Corfield
writes

The number of incidents caused by unattended luggage is truly
staggering. Well over 2/3s of the daily report for LU is security
related at present and most are unattended items.

I can think of only two occasions when I have left something unattended
- and they were both while on holiday in other countries. I really,
really struggle to understand how people can leave stuff unattended or
behind in normal circumstances never mind those we are in now. Anyone
got a clue as to how people do it?

It is important to remember that just as not everyone has the same
physical prowess, so not everyone has the same mental prowess.

In some cases it is merely a predisposition towards forgetfulness, but
in others it can be the early stages of dementia, a condition which
affects a very large number of people in this country. Sadly, I have
seen loved ones regressing from forgetting bags and keys to forgetting
where they live, and eventually forgetting to whom they are married and
who are their children.

--
Paul Terry