Old August 2nd 05, 11:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David Gould David Gould is offline

Default Name This Underground Station

Alternatively, It could be Canary Wharf, trains frequently terminate there.

Or Stratford, where the DLR has a single platform, and it forms an island
platform with Network Rail, on ther opposite side.

Given the visual differences, I cannot imagine, anyone mistaking a DLR train
for an LUL one.

So how about Buckhurst Hill, or Loughton, both have trains terminating at
island platforms.

"Brimstone" wrote in message
James Farrar wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 18:16:28 +0100, Paul Corfield
wrote:

On 18 Jul 2005 16:33:33 -0700, wrote:

But the stairs go up from the platform. The OP said "it was an
island platform and at the end of the platform was some stairs
heading down", which suggests that the stairs go down from the
platform.

That would be correct Richard J, the stairs went down from the
platform? I thought it was an underground station but maybe it was a
dlr station.

If DLR is included then the obvious candidates are Tower Gateway and
the old terminus at Island Gardens where there are / were steps down
from
the platforms at termini and you could see the street below.

"Many many years ago" appears to exclude the DLR as an option.

I also took "many many years ago" to mean several decades. However the OP
has since said it was about one.