Old August 29th 03, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.transport
Road Runner Road Runner is offline

Default BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

Nick Cooper wrote:

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 04:00:20 +0100, Road Runner
wrote:

Depresion wrote:

Why isn't this plastered across all the US news channels the way there power cut
was across all of ours?

A 34 minute power failure affecting 10m people is far less serious
than an 8 hour power failure affecting 50m people.

Let's not kid ourselves - if those times and numbers had been
reversed, _we_ would still have heard of the events in the US, but
most Americans would be blissly unaware of what happened here. Yanks
don't do "foreign," remember.

The whole of England and Wales blacked out for eight hours? I bet the
Yanks would have heard about that!
--
remove RRR to reply