Old August 3rd 05, 06:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Bristow Mike Bristow is offline

Default Warwick Gardens at night

In article ,
Tom Anderson wrote:
No, that's irrelevant - HC rule 105 sayeth that "the safe rule is never to
get closer than the overall stopping distance"; that applies to cars that
are cruising at constant speed, in which case my calculations are correct.
The stuff about average speed during braking is captured in the
calculation of that overall stopping distance.

If we're to play with real-world numbers, throwing the HC out the
window would be the best bet. I think that a gap of 2 seconds
between vehicleS is reasonable (ie, 30 cars per minute per lane).

--
Mike Bristow - really a very good driver