Old August 3rd 05, 07:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim \(moved to sweden\) tim \(moved to sweden\) is offline

Default Is Clapham 'London'?

"Alex Watson" wrote in message
Brimstone wrote:
Now, because of the Richmond loop there are indeed two routes to
Staines, one clockwise and one counter-clockwise (actually three if you
count via Weybridge, but I think it's forbidden). One would have thought
that 'not London' would force one to go clockwise round the loop. So who
was right? Logic or the official? And if the official was right, what
can be the purpose of disallowing London?

AIUI "London" is the London terminals rather than the conurbation,
especially as your journey started within it.

That's what I'd think usually, but in this specific case I can't see any
reason to forbid London terminals,

The reason is to stop you double backing between Waterloo
and CJ. If you want to do this the fare is higher (by the cost
of a return W-CJ for each direction of travel)

especially as Waterloo is the only
London terminal with services to Staines.

Why is this relevent? They stop at CJ and even if they didn't
you still wouldn't be able to change at Waterloo without paying
the higher fare.

If London always means terminals,

It does.

though, maybe this is just an anomaly...

What's an anomaly? Where sensible for the rest of the route,
changing at CJ is a valid route for all 'not london' tickets.

tim