Old August 3rd 05, 11:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Piccadilly Line back on Thursday...

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:08:47 GMT, "Richard J."

I see the District & Picc must close through Hammersmith for
"important" or "urgent" work, something which can't delayed, yet
they haven't even finished the endless Earl's Court -
Whitechapel weekend shutdowns yet. Can't we have at least one
job finished before another starts?

Why would you want to delay track replacement between Barons Court and
Acton Town? The quality of the ride on that stretch is awful and has
led to speed restrictions.

Which is exactly the point. This section of track is in a dire state and
causes no end of problems - especially on the Piccadilly Line. The
remainder of the line is pretty reliable these days but the SSL managed
bits need work. There has been a lot of pressure placed on Metronet to
sort this stretch of railway out.

I'm sure that, given the choice, most people would rather have the work
completed at this point rather than delayed until later. It's good that
arrangement as been made to allow the use of Travelcards on HEx and
Heathrow Connect.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7