Old August 4th 05, 07:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
michael hopkins michael hopkins is offline

Default Is Clapham 'London'?

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 21:23:49 +0200, "tim \(moved to sweden\)"
wrote:

If London always means terminals,

It does.

Not relevant to this case, but one thing I've never been clear on is
whether Kensington Olympia counts as a London terminal for the
purposes of "NOT LONDON" ticketing, rather than just all the stations
that have "London" in their name. I suspect it may do, but I'm not
sure.

I travelled Oxford to Clapham Junction "not London" on a virgin to Olympia
and then a silverlink. I checked with the conductor on the virgin soon
after boarding at Oxford (so that I could get off at Reading and get on SWT
if necessary), and she assured me it was valid. This was about five years
ago.

Michael