Old August 5th 05, 05:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Circle shuttle, between where and where?

In article , Roland
Perry writes
The tfl site merely says there have been some Circle line service
restored, but gives no details about the end points of the shuttle.

If indeed it is a shuttle, we can do some deductions.

Inner-to-Outer turnrounds can be done easily at Tower Hill and Mansion
House. Edgware Road is also a possibility, but it would put a lot of
strain on the two centre roads. Baker Street isn't going to be practical
in the middle of a peak service.

Outer-to-Inner turnrounds can be done easily at Moorgate or Aldgate and
less easily at Edgware Road (see above).

Unless I've forgotten something, anywhere else would require shunting
moves across a busy line in the peaks.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: