Old August 5th 05, 02:46 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
Acrosticus Acrosticus is offline

Default When God made truck drivers

Earl Purple wrote:
truck & bus wrote:
When the Lord was creating Truck Drivers, he was into his sixth day of
overtime when an angel appeared and said, "You're doing a lot of
fiddling around on this one." And the Lord said, "Have you read the
spec on this order?"... "A truck driver has to be able to drive 10-12
or more hours per day, through any type of weather, on any type of
road, know the highway traffic laws of 48 states and 10 provinces, he
has to be ready and able to unload 40,000 lbs of cargo after driving
thru the night, sleep in areas of cities and towns that the police
refuse to patrol."...

We don't have trucks in the UK, only lorries.

We also have EEC Regulations 3820/85 (drivers hours) and 3821/85
(tachographs)to comply with, but I suppose the Yank trucker who started
this thread wouldn't have had the intelligence to realise that(being a
Yank is what makes me think he's thick by the way, not the fact he's a
trucker!).