Old August 5th 05, 03:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Thameslink 2000 Blackfriars

In message .com, at
07:46:53 on Fri, 5 Aug 2005, remarked:
"The huge problem with Thameslink 2000 is the cost which is now around
£3bn. This is mainly due to the cost of rebuilding Blackfriars station
and the new viaduct north of London Bridge to increase capacity."

I can understand the need to increase through capacity at London
Bridge, but why does blackfriars need to be rebuilt?

Isn't it because with the current track layout all the through and
terminating trains have to cross one another's path?

(All the terminating services go to/from Elephant and Castle, and almost
all the TL2K services go via London Bridge).

I wonder why they can't simply scrap the terminating services and send
them all to Victoria instead.