Old August 5th 05, 07:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Route 43 murder

In message .com,
writes

Good news, an arrest made in the route 43 murder case. Contrast how TfL
bus management have been invisible regarding this incident, in contrast
to their LUL colleagues dealing with recent events.

However, why have we not seen any CCTV footage released?

Presumably because the police had enough evidence to arrest someone
without the need for assistance from the public.

Is this another case of equipment fitted but not working, as on the
7/7 explosion on route 26?

Who knows? In the UK it is usually considered better not to release
evidence before the trial and verdict (unless really necessary) since
otherwise jury members might be prejudiced by reports they see in the
media, and the defence may explain inadvertent corroborative statements
by the accused by claiming that these facts were merely observed in
press reports.

TfL posters tell us 9 out of 10 buses are now fitted with CCTV.
Question is, how many are actually working?

This remains an important question, but it is not one that is
necessarily relevant to the route 43 murder. If there is video evidence,
I would not expect it to appear before the trial.

--
Paul Terry