Old August 6th 05, 09:27 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jock Mackirdy Jock Mackirdy is offline

Default Waterloo and City, and Post Office Station

In article , Roland Perry
wrote:
In message , at 14:43:24 on Thu, 4 Aug
2005, David Splett remarked:
The site of the old station is not hard to spot - there's a massive
fan-tower in the middle of the road system which sits atop the old lift
shafts.

It's the old station building that we've been concentrating on. Is that
still in existence, and if so, what does it look like now?

The station building was in a corner of the GPO's Central Telegraph Office,
which was bomb-damaged in WWII and semi-derelict when I last saw it in the
late 1960s. The vent shafts were obviously a later replacement when the
building was demolished and the road layout changed.

--

Jock Mackirdy
Bedford