Old August 8th 05, 03:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Is Clapham 'London'?

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 22:45:27 GMT, (Neil
Williams) wrote:

If London always means terminals,

It does.

Not relevant to this case, but one thing I've never been clear on is
whether Kensington Olympia counts as a London terminal for the
purposes of "NOT LONDON" ticketing, rather than just all the stations
that have "London" in their name. I suspect it may do, but I'm not
sure.

After playing around with QJump, it seems there are tickets available
from Guildford to Harrow & Wealdstone routed "CLAPHM J NOT LDN". If
they're not valid via Kenny O then that would make them a bit
pointless! (Although there is a convoluted permitted route via
CJ/Richmond and the NLL which also matches the description.)

There are no tickets available specifically routed via Kensington
Olympia. Strangely though, Guildford to Watford Junction doesn't have
the "CLAPHM J NOT LDN" ones, but does have route "KENSNGTN OLYMPIA"
ones instead. (The permitted route via the NLL also exists for
Guildford to Watford Jn, but for some reason is prohibited on the
cheaper tickets in this case.)