Old August 29th 03, 03:13 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
IanB IanB is offline

Default Old LT Garages

"Nick Hewitt" wrote in message
om...
Hi people. This is a bit long, so please bear with me. I am trying to
track down a number of past & present ex-LT bus garages. They are :-

1) The original Kingston garage in Richmond Road. Where on Richmond
Road was it?

I remember a bus garage by the railway station in what I think is called
Wood Street. It was there when we went in hunt of some of the last RFs in (LT)
service which would make it mid 70s. The entrance faced the railway line and
the exit faced west so buses leaving would go past the entrance! there was
some additional parking (bus) in a yard between Wood Str & the railway and the
garage entrance I am thinking of had some sort of restriction on it, ban on DMS
class or similar (either too wide or high) which would explain why it was
disposed of
snip

8) Sovereign Buses had a depot somewhere in Borehamwood, in the days
when it was called BTS (BT survives as a depot code for vehicles
allocated to Edgware). Where was this depot in Borehamwood?

As someone else replied, it was beside the railway @ Elstree & Bwd. stn, on
the Left going towards London and you could just about hamg over the fence to
look into the yard (access would have been to carry on down the raod past the
railway station /car yard). Interestingly they appeared to garage some of the
central area RMs which had dedicated route livery (route 8 was it) which of
course did not operate this far out.

snip

12) The original Uxbridge depot (before the present one next to the
tube station) was in Denham Road. Exactly where?

This was outside the GLC border and also off any bus route it serviced
(which at the time I believe made it unique. On the NE (RH) side of the A4020
towards the M40 junction, it was just past the canal/River bridges, about 1st or
2nd building IIRC. Somewhere I should have a London Bus Map of the previous
Ken L. vintage showing this site

snip

IanB