Old August 8th 05, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Earl Purple Earl Purple is offline

Default Orbital transport & urban motorways (was Warwick Gardens at night)

Greg Hennessy wrote:
On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 19:52:24 +0100, Dave Arquati wrote:

Your proposed route is a straight line which would require the demolition of
swathes of Willesden;

This is a bad thing ?

South of the A407 (All Souls Avenue etc) is actually quite nice.
Chapter Road etc wouldn't really be missed (in my opinion). Park Avenue
north of the Jubilee Line is still a fairly new development. After that
we hit the disused railway and just take our road along it.

My own preference would be to tunnel parts of this road. 2 lanes in the
tunnel in each direction may suffice. (It's enough on the North
Circular at Edmonton). Certainly it doesn't need to be an actual
"motorway" with a hard shoulder.