Old August 28th 03, 10:02 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Eurostar

In message
(Rian van der Borgt) wrote:

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:53:11 +0100, Rob wrote:
Does anyone know what a British eurostar driver does on a shift? Do they
british ones go all over the eurostar network? Pick up at Waterloo and
then to Paris, then a spot of lunch under the effiel tower. then waterloo
and back to asford?

Also do they need a passport??

A national ID card will do. Or doesn't that exist in the UK?

No it doesn't, that is one of the problems we have with the Schengen
agreement. Unfortunately we have a history of the misuse of such things by
authority so there is not much chance of them being introduced. However a
long line of fascist Home secretaries of both parties have been all in favour
of them for all the wrong reasons.

--
Graeme Wall
This address is not read, substitute trains for rail.