Old August 9th 05, 05:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Where do I find a bus timetable?

Paul Corfield wrote:
snip
Be warned that the TfL official information using the journey planner is
often hideously wrong. I really don't trust it all because the computer
programme that generates the stop specific information applies overly
simplistic rules to generate the "every x minutes" type information.

It annoys me intensely that TfL are in possession of fully detailed
schedules for all routes and yet will not make them available. Overly
simplistic information is next to useless in my view unless your route
runs every 2 minutes or so.

Is your criticism of the TfL Journey Planner merely related to the
'interactive' element, or are the stop-specific PDF bus timetables also
coming under fire? (I refer to the timetables that are a copy of what
would be found at a bus stop.)

I find that the stop-specific timetables are most useful, even where
they do state 'about every x minutes'. They're very clear, and I'd
suggest it's a more honest way of presenting the information rather
than having specific times given, when there can be no guarantee that
the bus will indeed turn up at that time.

However the bus journey results of the 'interactive' Journey Planner
service is not something that I've analysed that carefully so I'll bow
to your wisdom on that!