Old August 29th 03, 05:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.transport
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:34:34 +0000 (UTC), "Mark"
wrote:

Connex are based on the South Bank, so I guess they would have been in the
dark for a while as well...

We've been hit with a few power cuts at work recently, and minimal
disruption was caused because we all use laptops, while the telephone
system has backup batteries. We lost network connectivity, but could
have dialed up to the Internet if necessary (indeed, some people for
whom it was critical did so).

Assuming the telephone system was not affected, I don't see how Connex
(or indeed any other TOC) couldn't have uploaded a simple message in
the same situation.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
is a valid email address, but is sent to /dev/null.