Old August 11th 05, 08:16 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default When God made truck drivers

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 01:42:54 +0100, (Steve Firth)
wrote:

James Farrar wrote:

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:47:13 +0100, (Steve Firth)
wrote:

James Farrar wrote:

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:37:29 +0100, (Steve Firth)
wrote:

James Farrar wrote:

Race: "a family, tribe, people, or nation"

That is a poor definition

Because it doesn;t fit your argument?

Because it omits context, as was given in the section that you snipped.

The section I snipped was a different definition, one you prefer to
the one I gave because it (unlike mine) fits your argument.

So now it's your definition?

"mine" = "the one I quoted". Don't be so disingenuous; you know what I
meant.

Funny and there was me thinking it came
from one of those ****-poor online dictionaries.

Actually, Merriam-Webster is a respected dictionary.

Whatever, you're wrong the reference source for the English language is
the OED,

That's not much of a sentence; I believe you missed a semi-colon.

Nonetheless, there is no single source for the English language. The
OED has quirks of its own that many do not accept.

You were wrong, learn to live with it.

No, I was right, just different.

--
James Farrar