Old August 11th 05, 09:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default East London Line extention gradient

"John Rowland" wrote in message
"Andy" wrote in message

Will it have the greatest gradient? I believe from what
I've been told about the proposed route that it will go
from low level to near Bishopsgate above Liverpool St
very quickly and this will be the steepest part of the network.

IIRC, the steepest gradient will be 1 in 30, and this will be the steepest
part of the passenger network, all though there are a huge number of other
points which are equally steep. There is a steeper line in Ealing Depot.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Thanks, I was thinking it might be steeper than the Bank at Ealing Common
which would mean changing the location of parking brake tests.