Old August 13th 05, 10:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default DLR to upgrade Woolwich Arsenal route

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Ian Jelf wrote:

In message , Tom Anderson
writes
On Thu, 11 Aug 2005, Dave Arquati wrote:

Oh, and I think Tramlink's vehicles look rather dated already compared to
NET.

NET?

Nottingham Express Transit.

Aha. I've had a look, and yes, NET's trams do look better - but then they
have the advantage of being a lot newer.

Nottingham (just in case anyone needs to know!) is a large City in the
East Midlands, about 140 miles north of London!

I see that Greater Nottingham has a population of a little over 600 000.
This must be some new meaning of the term 'large city' of which i was not
previously aware.

:-&

:-) (Is there a smiley for "tongue in cheek?)

qv!

For the record, I think that NET's vehicles are very stylish indeed. But
I like the Croydon ones, too; they're just very different in style.

I think they all look like trams, and thus, awful. There's something
vaguely deprived and eastern european about them.

That said, they're a hundred times better than the abominations that pass
for local trains in the North:

http://hpbimg.thejetsetter.co.uk/rai...2051manvic.jpg
http://hpbimg.thejetsetter.co.uk/rai...1newcastle.jpg
http://hpbimg.thejetsetter.co.uk/rails2/142088york.jpg