Old August 15th 05, 09:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Is Clapham 'London'?

In article ,
(Clive D. W. Feather) wrote:

In article ,
Colin Rosenstiel writes
If a ticket has the "Maltese Cross" on it, indicating that it's
valid for a cross-London transfer by London Underground, DLR or
Thameslink services, the following stations can be used:

What about airline-sized through tickets? We had Cambridge-Jersey
through train (via Poole) ones which caused problems on the way
back as the jobsworth on the manual gate (we had too much luggage
to use the normal barriers) claimed it wasn't valid via the tube
without a cross.

In fact, whether or not a ticket includes transfer by LU does *not*
relate to the "Maltese Cross", but to the journey made. There are a
number of journeys where the "normal" route avoids London but the
Permitted Routes include London. In these cases, there is no
Maltese Cross (even on an APTIS ticket) but the LU leg is included
in the fare.

This is specified in part A of the ATOC Routeing Guide.

Obviously not bedtime reading for LUL staff at Waterloo!

--
Colin Rosenstiel