Old August 16th 05, 05:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Shepherds Bush

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:21:58 +0100, nsj wrote:

I see a sign has appeared at the top of the 'down' escalator informing
customers it will be repaired by the end of December.

What a joke. That'll make it about six months.

Does anybody know what is wrong with it?

I *believe* that there are problems with the steps and new ones are
having to be manufactured. Once the down escalator is done don't be
surprised if a few weeks later the up escalator has to be done too.

I will know more a little later this week.
--
Paul C