Old August 18th 05, 12:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Escalator failures (was: Shepherds Bush)

In article ,
(Barry Salter) wrote:

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 02:39 +0100 (BST),
(Colin
Rosenstiel) wrote:

What's the reason why the new third Victoria Line escalator at
King's Cross has been more out of action than working since it was
installed?

At a guess, to "save" electricity at off-peak times, same as they do
at most of the other stations that have more than two escalators.

I'd be surprised given the times I go there and the pattern in other
three escalator shafts.

--
Colin Rosenstiel