Old August 18th 05, 06:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Licencing reforms & the tube

On 18 Aug 2005 14:33:02 GMT, Adrian wrote:

Chalfont & Latimer lies between here and Amersham.

I very much doubt that all-night services could be justified on the
outer reaches of the Met, any more than they could be to High Wycombe
or Milton Keynes (for example).

What *could* perhaps be justified is a service at 0100 and another at
0200 (then nothing until 05something), which is approximately what MK
gets when there isn't engineering work and buses (when these
departures still occur, just by bus instead). Because it doesn't stay
open at night for the sleepers and freight, however, I doubt the
staffing for this could be justified, not to mention the increased
staffing levels LUL-type operations require.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain