Old August 18th 05, 07:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default NYC and London: Comparisons.

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Neil Williams wrote:

On 18 Aug 2005 08:43:27 -0700, "Joe Patrick"
wrote:

There are some fast and semi-fast trains on the underground, though
only on the Metropolitan line north of Harrow-on-the-Hill, and not on
the Uxbridge services.

Also, effectively, on the shared section between the District and
Piccadilly lines towards Heathrow.

They are designated as different lines, but the principle is not
really any different.

Indeed. Perhaps the confusion in NYC could be avoided simply by changing
the names of the lines!

tom

--
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage