Old August 29th 03, 10:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Ticket Gates & Oyster Cards

In article , Roland Perry
writes
They go red to tell you that you can't use an oyster at the moment
because the gate is already in use.

But I know the gate's in use - I'm standing in it!!!!

You shouldn't be. I don't stand in gates - I put my ticket in and (if
the gate takes it) grab it and walk through the still-open gate without
breaking stride.

Think of the person behind you. You've grabbed your ticket and walked
through the gate. If they've got an Oyster, it's important they don't
swipe it until the gate is ready, hence the red light.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: