Old August 29th 03, 10:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.transport
Tim Southerwood Tim Southerwood is offline

Default BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

Wanderer wrote in message ...
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:03:37 +0100, Tim Southerwood wrote:

snip

Someone should be getting their balls on the line for yesterday, but it's
not the railways as far as I can see.

Why? You and everyone are now paying the price for the privatisation of the
electricity supply industry, as well as the railways, and everything else
that previous governments refused to invest in properly. The ESI was built
up with a tremendous amount of fat in the system, but all of that was taken
out in the quest for profit and fat dividend payouts.

Strangely enough I knew it was a stupid idea at the time - but I
didn't get
a lot of say in the matter - and no, I've never voted Tory. But then
voting Labour isn't much better (I've never done that either).

But what can you do when you've got two right of centre main
parties...

cheers

Timbo