Old August 20th 05, 01:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Hearns John Hearns is offline

Default Putney River Taxi

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:14:28 +0100, U n d e r a c h i e v e r wrote:

Paul Terry wrote:

Walking past Putney Pier at lunchtime today, I saw some publicity for a
new commuter service along the Thames between Putney and Blackfriars:

http://www.thamesexecutivecharters.com/rivertaxi.html

There's also a new service from Woolwich to the centre of town run by
Thames Clippers. I've not yet used it, but the vessels look like scaled
down versions

Former Isle of Wight ferries, if I am not wrong.
I remember being on the second day of the Greenland/Savoy Pier service.