Old August 21st 05, 04:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Good that I ignored Journey Planner...

Paul Terry typed

In message , Helen Deborah
Vecht writes

I'd entered my HA8 5LW postcode as my start and 'Royal Albert Hall' as
my destination. Why was JP so dismal? What could I have done for a
better suggestion?

In the advanced options, set it to use bus only. It will then come up
with exactly the route you had expected:

Walk to Holyrood Gardens
Take the Bus 302 towards Kensal Rise
Kensal Rise Station Stop: KH
Take the Bus 52 towards Victoria Bus Station
end Kensington / Royal Albert Hall

Well, that's not what it did when I used it yesterday; somehow, it
'forgot' the second half of my postcode and offered me a choice of
various HA8 starts. Even when I entered a 'Stag Lane' option from a drop
down list, it routed me via Burnt Oak and/or suggested I take a
northbound 32/142/292.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.