Old August 21st 05, 06:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Good that I ignored Journey Planner...

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 15:56 +0100 (BST), (Colin
Rosenstiel) wrote:

In article ,
(Helen Deborah Vecht) wrote:

I'd entered my HA8 5LW postcode as my start and 'Royal Albert
Hall' as my destination. Why was JP so dismal? What could I have
done for a better suggestion?

Others have made the suggestion of mangling the options to the point
where it is telling you what you already know.

I do find it very odd that to get the wretched thing to do something
even half sensible you actually have to have a pre-existing knowledge of
the transport network that the average person would not have at all. Why
send people round the houses by tube for a trip that can work well using
two buses?

You're not alone in being disappointed by the recent performance of
TfL's Journey Planner. It seems to have become infected by
transportdirect.info.

Heaven help us then. I've tried to use transport direct and found it
utterly useless. Some of the traveline search engines are OK but I wish
they would standardise on a format - the different user interfaces for
each region are incredibly annoying and often not remotely intuitive.
--
Paul C