Old August 21st 05, 07:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Good that I ignored Journey Planner...

Paul Corfield typed

I do find it very odd that to get the wretched thing to do something
even half sensible you actually have to have a pre-existing knowledge of
the transport network that the average person would not have at all.

I somehow think it's been programmed to prefer or default to the
'faster' modes such as Tube and rail and somehow to route them via
stations as 'nodes', but I'm not a programmer.

Why
send people round the houses by tube for a trip that can work well using
two buses?

Poor programming, methinks.

Buses were cheaper, quicker, involved fewer changes and less walking, ie
better in every way...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.