Old August 30th 03, 09:22 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.transport
derek derek is offline

Default BBC's UK's Worst

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:35:20 +0100, "Rich Mackin"
wrote:

"SteveH" wrote in message . ..
Joe Patrick wrote:

Just Featured a man complaining about the noise on the North Circular, a
woman complaining about trams and a family whos garden got sucked in a hole
by the CTRL works. CTRL won and featured Howard who was put infront of a
video clip putting the award in a tunnel.

Never understood this kind of wingeing ****e.

I mean, you _know_ if you buy a house on the North Circular or a railway
line that it's going to be noisy. And I'm sure the price paid also
reflected this.

At the time the chap moved into the house by the North Circular,
41 years ago, it was just a regular street, so it's something that
has happened while he's been living there.

My parents went to visit relatives who lived on " *The* North Circular
*Road " before the war. It's obvious a road given a "Proper Name" like
that, as opposed to "Green Lane", say, was always destined to be a
significant traffic artery, like "The Great North Road", or "The
Western Avenue".

I used the N.C.R. to get to work between Harrow Rd. and Muswell Hill
in 1969 and FWIR is not significantly different now apart from some
junction improvements squeezed in.

DG