Old August 24th 05, 01:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
g.harman g.harman is offline

Default Putney River Taxi

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 14:11:58 +0100, John Hearns
wrote:

Paul Terry wrote:

There's also a new service from Woolwich to the centre of town run by
Thames Clippers. I've not yet used it, but the vessels look like scaled
down versions

Former Isle of Wight ferries, if I am not wrong.
I remember being on the second day of the Greenland/Savoy Pier service.

To be honest I do not recognise any of those as being formerly used by
I.O.W operators.
Red funnel did dispose of their Italian built Hydrofoils a year or two
back but they looked quite different.
The older car ferries have gone to places such as Croatia and further
back Canada.
There is an apocryphal tale about that.
Still in its Red funnel livery but sitting somewhere over the Pond
on its delivery run the QE2 came in to the vicinity.
Apparently the QE2 sent a message to the former Isle of Wight ferry.
"Which one of us is lost?"
G.harman