Old August 26th 05, 07:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Newt Dave Newt is offline

Default Oyster on NR

Mizter T wrote:
Dave Newt wrote:

Half the windows are usually shut and half of them say "no oyster here",
the LUL office is always closed, half the NR ticket machines are out of
order quite often, and there is no LUL fast ticket machine.

It's really not much fun getting tickets at Walthamstow.

If only they would just put one of those little Fast Ticket machines
downstairs...

That sounds like a poor situation. I can only suggest you use Oyster
Pre Pay if you wish to use the Tube, and add credit to your card at a
local newsagent. Again, if you need a season Travelcard then a
newsagent will do the job, ditto for Day Travelcards.

I have Oyster season anyway, and I just refill it at the work end of my
journey rather than the home end.

Anyway there's a few ideas for avoiding the ticket offices/ machines at
Walthamstow, but I'm not making excuses for anyone - a busy station
such as Walthamstow really should be well equipped and competent enough
to sell tickets!

A question - do *any* of the NR ticket windows at Walthamstow deal with
Oyster?

I was deliberately vague above - I know that the two windows on the
Liverpool Street platform there DON'T. The windows on the Chingford
side, I don't remember (I'm thinking they must do for the original claim
to be true!), but I'll have a look and see (or someone here will know,
I'm sure).