Old August 26th 05, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Paul is offline

Default Oyster on NR

asdf wrote:
On 25 Aug 2005 03:24:34 -0700, "Paul" wrote:

On NR you can get discounts on season ticket renewals if the train
company you buy the ticket from performs badly. (You don't have to
actually use it on their trains to receive the discount.)

Exactly. Which is why there is no incentive for me to get an Oyster
travelcard!

South West Trains (don't know about other TOCs) now give the discount
on Oyster travelcards, provided you buy it from them.

Didn't know that. I doubt my little local station handles Oyster
though.. and I doubt you can topup on SWTs website, but I will check.

Incidentally, which are the best (i.e. worst performing!) train
companies to buy Travelcard seasons from?

SWT gives me a 5% discount. SE trains (previously Connex) used to give
7% when I lived that way.

--
Paul