Old August 26th 05, 10:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Blue is the new Pink - TfL 7DTC become Oyster only

On 25 Aug 2005 18:51:54 -0700, "Mizter T" wrote:

You has better get chomping you old goat!

You're absolutely right. Can't argue with those figures.

[fx: sound of munching on headgear]

*However* I am unclear as to whether it would be valid to use two
seperate season tickets on a train that did not stop at Hadley Wood -
and I'm not sure any Stevenage London trains do actually stop there (a
quick look at a timetable suggests not).

Ah, now this is the sting in the tail. The rule you are looking for is
number 17 at http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/conditions.htm .

Unfortunately I'm not sure whether Travelcards count as "season
tickets or travel passes issued on behalf of a passenger transport
executive or local authority" which would seem to be the deciding
issue...

Incidentally, there is a similar saving to be made by buying separate
Welwyn GC - Hadley Wood and Z1-6 Travelcard seasons, and there *are*
trains from WGC that stop at Hadley Wood, so from there at least, a
saving could be made without having to change trains (though obviously
having to travel on a stopper would still increase your journey time).