Old August 26th 05, 01:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] newtonline@gmail.com is offline

Default Oyster on NR

[replied via google so apologies if it looks weird]

A question - do *any* of the NR ticket windows at Walthamstow deal with
Oyster?

I was deliberately vague above - I know that the two windows on the
Liverpool Street platform there DON'T. The windows on the Chingford
side, I don't remember (I'm thinking they must do for the original claim
to be true!), but I'll have a look and see (or someone here will know,
I'm sure).

OK - I went there this morning.

ALL of the NR ticket windows on BOTH sides of the station say "Oyster
not available at this window. Please go to LUL office downstairs."

Of course, none of the NR machines can do Oyster either and there are
no LUL machines.

There is ONE single LUL ticket window (badly-positioned next to the
luggage gate and in my 3 years of living there, I would say it's closed
A LOT (I can't quantify that - sorry!) of the time.

The newsagent next to the station (corner of Selbourne Road and Hoe
Street) is a Ticket Stop though.

Maybe when they finish the subway to the bus station (was meant to be
open a few months ago, but has now been put back another 18 months to 2
years - ha!), they will provide some better facilities.

I hope LUL do anyway - WAGN/"one" sure as hell won't.