Old August 26th 05, 11:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Charles Pottins Charles Pottins is offline

Default Licencing reforms & the tube

Never heard of all-night buses? or cabs?
Not sure if it's relevant but I was feeling nostalgic the other day for the
on-station bar which Baker Street and a few other places used to have. Might
make delays and cancellations more bearable.
But regarding open-all-hours drinking, I see supermarkets also want to get
in on the act (a jolly thought for staff not to mention other shoppers if
the marathon drinkers come reeling in to fight on the checkout or throw up
around the place).
Meanwhile transport police are concerned they will need extra shifts as it
is.

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 244.170...
An idle thought...

The pub licencing hours are currently - as you may have heard... - being
overhauled (finally), with the result that a lot of pubs may well be open
later into the night.

Let's assume that the doom'n'gloom scenario doesn't happen, and we don't
descend into a Tracy Emin reinterpretation of a Hogarth painting. I'm an
optimist on this one - any initial chaos will soon disappear, and we'll be
better off than currently. I hope.

Anyway - The question is... Will LU reflect this in extending the time of
the last trains? It's a bit pointless pubs applying for later licences if
people still have to leave at the same time to get home.