Old August 27th 05, 10:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Licencing reforms & the tube

On 27 Aug 2005 11:15:04 GMT, Adrian wrote:

Charles Pottins ) gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying :

Never heard of all-night buses?

Yes. They don't come within 15 miles of this tube station.

I still don't think that Chesham (or was it Amersham?) justifies an
all-night service from London of any kind more than High Wycombe,
Milton Keynes Central[1], Didcot or any other similarly-far-out
commuter station does. The Met isn't really a Tube line in the
conventional sense.

[1] As I've posted before it has 00something and 0200 departures,
which is really as much as can be justified, and the same could
probably be said for the Met. I think it only has those because the
WCML is open for freight and the likes anyway - if the signalboxes had
to be opened purely for those two runs they probably wouldn't exist,
IMO.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain