Old August 27th 05, 11:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default Piccadilly Line - Emma Clarke Announcements

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:35:51 GMT, "Gareth Packer"
wrote:

Westinghouse has been named as Metronet's sub-contractor for the
signalling
side of the contracts, worth around £850 million. It will install new
train
control systems on Metronet lines to improve safety and reduce headways,
although the new system will not be 'moving block'. Around 75% of LUL
control equipment is Westinghouse and the company has been a supplier to
the
Underground for over 50 years. For this reason it was the preferred choice
for Metronet and Bombardier.

Westinghouse had to win a contract from one or other of the Infracos or
else they'd be in dire trouble. Tube Lines have gone with Alcatel for
the Northern and Jubilee Line signalling and control upgrades.
--
Paul C

I didn't think Westinghouse had signed any deal with Metronet at all from
what I know they are a subcontractor for Bombardier who signed a
'performance contract' with Metronet.