Old August 28th 05, 10:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Newt Dave Newt is offline

Default Oyster on NR

Paul Corfield wrote:
On 26 Aug 2005 06:01:28 -0700, wrote:

ALL of the NR ticket windows on BOTH sides of the station say "Oyster
not available at this window. Please go to LUL office downstairs."

This happened when One upgraded from APTIS (which had a plug in unit) to
new machines which are not compatible. A nonsense but then the attitude
of the TOCs and Rail Settlement Plan to Prestige always was nonsensical
when I was trying to negotiate with them and convince them that the
scheme was going to happen. Now it has I suspect the attitude has not
changed very much if a recent article in Modern Railways is anything to
go by.

That explains why I thought I was going mad, and had a feeling that the
windows there DID offer Oyster for a short period of time.

There is ONE single LUL ticket window (badly-positioned next to the
luggage gate and in my 3 years of living there, I would say it's closed
A LOT (I can't quantify that - sorry!) of the time.

You can blame me for the luggage gate issue as we had to compromise on
the design when we did the project to put the gates in.

Presumably, it's not your fault it's always closed though? :-)

Maybe when they finish the subway to the bus station (was meant to be
open a few months ago, but has now been put back another 18 months to 2
years - ha!), they will provide some better facilities.

Out of curiosity where did you hear that timescale from?

http://www.walthamforestguardian.co....php?utag=10366

Unless there is more space than I can foresee in the subway link then I
doubt there will be any real expansion of the LU ticketing facility. I
won't mind being proved wrong though.

Those small Oyster Quick Tickets machines are pretty small though -
would be very handy.

[1] to replace the "temporary" 1968 structures that were removed earlier
this year.

....which now looks much better - let's hope it's not something equally
ugly that goes up!

Thanks for the info.