Old August 30th 03, 03:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.transport
Peter Masson Peter Masson is offline

Default BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

"David Hansen" wrote in message

Where exactly is Hurst in Kent?

The BBC has a little map that shows the system and rough positions.
This link might take you to it,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...5263/html/1.st

if not then go to
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3190143.stm and click on
the "Open" bit in the "POWER CUT SOURCE" box near the bottom.

This looks like somewhere in the Sidcup/Bexley area. The road from near
Sidcup Station to Bexley is Hurst Road, and there's a Hurst Place along it,
so I presume it's somewhere around there, though I've never heard of the
area being called simply 'Hurst'.

If Bill Hayles is looking in he may be able to help, as he was familiar with
Hurst Road.

Peter